Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup with Fresh Dill
This super easy and refreshing chilled soup is perfect for a hot summer day. It’s a simple recipe that you assemble in just a few minutes without ever needing to turn on your stove.
This simple and healthy soup is a delicious way to use up some fresh dill and cucumbers from your garden or local farmers’ market!
- ½ cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cup of plain Greek 2% yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional: sprigs of fresh dill and/or sliced cucumber for garnish
Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
If you prefer a thinner soup, add a little more chicken or vegetable stock until you reach the desired consistency.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Refrigerate for at least 2- 3 hours before serving.
Serve topped with sprigs of fresh dill and thin slices of cucumber.
For an even prettier presentation, toss a few cooked and chilled shrimp with some ground cumin and chop into small pieces. Sprinkle seasoned shrimp pieces on top of soup and add a sprig of fresh dill.