This savoury Rosemary Bread is easy to make in your slow cooker, and is delicious served alongside a big bowl of soup or chili.
Slow Cooker Rosemary Bread Recipe
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 3 hours
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of dry active yeast
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the yeast, water and sugar. Allow everything to dissolve.
- Let sit for 15 minutes in a warm location. (The mixture should become foamy).
- Add in the salt and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vegetable oil. Stir to combine.
- Add all of the flour. Mix lightly with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Finish mixing with your hands until well combined.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl that is lightly coated with olive oil.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for 45 minutes. (The dough should roughly double in size).
- Take 2 sheets of parchment paper and line your slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on high.
- Spray the parchment paper with non stick baking spray.
- Place the dough into the slow cooker and lightly top the dough with olive oil.
- Sprinkle rosemary on top.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Remove from the slow cooker and place the bread on the parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Top with butter and sprinkle with more rosemary if desired.
- Place in oven on Broil for 2 minutes to give the top a golden colour and light crunch.